ICAPE acquires Swedish PCB manufacturer MMAB Group
December 06, 2022French PCB supplier ICAPE Group is acquiring 100% of the shares in MMAB Group, one of only two Swedish PCB manufacturers left in the country.
More money for new Hungarian BMW facility
November 28, 2022BMW is significantly increasing its investments in its new plant in Debrecen in eastern Hungary. According to BMW, a good two billion euros will be spent on the plant over the next 2 years.
Europe’s battery boom – charging a market
November 24, 2022"The future is electric", a statement that’s been getting more and more meat on its bones over the last couple of years. An increasing number of automotive companies are transitioning to electronic electric drive.
Duotec reaps the benefits of its labour
November 21, 2022In 2022, Turck duotec GmbH became simply Duotec. But over the past few years, a lot more than a simple name change has happened at the German manufacturer. Evertiq took the opportunity to talk about growth, investment and the future with the EMS provider.
Infineon opens new Hungarian production site
October 06, 2022Infineon Technologies has opened a new factory in Cegléd, Hungary. The company says that the new factory is dedicated to the assembly and testing of high-power semiconductor modules to drive the electrification of vehicles.
thyssenkrupp’s Hungarian investment will create 110 new jobs
September 20, 2022The German company has just held the topping-out ceremony at its site in Jászfényszaru, some 50 kilometers east of Budapest, which means that thyssenkrupp Components Technology Hungary Kft.’s EUR 42 million investment has taken a major step forward.
Bosch expands in Hungary – creating 200 new jobs
September 13, 2022The German electronics giant is expanding its operations in Hungary by setting up a center for the development and testing of future-proof automotive technologies.
New European Heilind distribution centre set to open soon
September 06, 2022Heilind Electronics Europe says that it is set to open its new distribution centre in Upper Silesia, Poland, in early September 2022.
CATL to build a second European battery plant in Hungary
August 15, 2022Contemporary Amperex Technology Co., Limited (CATL) says it will invest EUR7.34 billion euros to build a 100 GWh battery plant in Debrecen, Hungary, which is also its second battery plant in Europe following its German plant.
Indie Semiconductor opens Dresden center of excellence
July 27, 2022The center is said to be part of a company strategy to deliver local technical support for a rapidly growing base of OEM and Tier 1 automotive customers in the EMEA region.
South-Korean battery supplier Nice to build plant in Hungary
July 19, 2022Nice LMS Hungary Kft is reportedly setting up a production plant in Vác, adding 60 jobs to its Hungarian workforce.
Lenovo opens European manufacturing facility
June 15, 2022Lenovo has officially opened the doors to its first in-house manufacturing facility in Europe.
Construction starts at BMW’s new Hungarian plant
June 07, 2022Construction has officially started at BMW Group’s new plant in Debrecen, Hungary, as the foundation stone is laid.
ZEISS expands its presence in Hungary
May 26, 2022With the acquisition of software development company ETEO Software Factory – based in Miskolc and Budapest, Hungary – ZEISS Digital Innovation (ZDI) is setting course for further growth.
Sponsored content by Proval ServiceSince 25 years your partner for SMT stencils and solder pallets. 25 years of experience makes Proval Service not just a supplier but your trustful and grounded partner to support you with SMT stencils and solder pallets. A qualified and unite team can satisfy every customer's need during the whole process.
Rosenberger invest further in Hungarian operations
April 05, 2022Germany's Rosenberger Group is set to expand the manufacturing capacity of automotive electronics and data transfer connectors at its Hungarian subsidiaries. The company is investing EUR 44 million in the expansion project.
Austrian automotive supplier expands in Hungary
March 09, 2022Austrian powertrain system developer, AVL, is expanding in Hungary. The company has broken ground on a New Vehicle Test Hall in the city of Érd, just outside of Budapest.
duotec and ESCHA to take over SVI Hungary
March 02, 2022duotec and the ESCHA Group will expand with new manufacturing capacities in Central Europe. The two companies will jointly acquire 49% of the shares in SVI Hungary Kft. from the SVI Group. Over the next two years, duotec and ESCHA will also take over the remaining 51%.
Construction of BMW's plant in Debrecen enters next phaseLoad more news
February 24, 2022As basic infrastructure such as public utilities, roads and parking lots have been completed, it's time for to enter the next phase of the project and erect the buildings that will make up BMW Group plant in Debrecen, Hungary.