Ad
Ad
Ad
Ad
Ad
Ad
Ad
Ad
© maksim-pasko-dreamstime.com General | February 12, 2014

GigOptix and CPqD to form JV

GigOptix and Brazilian research organization, CPqD, have signed a definitive agreement to incept a newly established joint venture named BrPhotonics Produtos Optoeletrônicos LTDA., headquartered in Campinas, Brazil.

Both partners will transfer into BrPhotonics their knowledge-base and intellectual property of current existing technologies, and will jointly work through the partnership to enhance, develop, and commercialize products based on these technologies. GigOptix will transfer to Brazil its Thin Film Polymer on Silicon (TFPSTM) technology, inventory related to the TFPSTM platform, as well as the production line equipment currently residing at its Bothell, Washington, facility. CPqD will transfer to BrPhotonics its Silicon Photonics (SiPh) technology, optical packaging expertise and design and testing capabilities. In addition, CPqD will provide space for the BrPhotonics corporate headquarters and the funding for the BrPhotonics operations. Business Structure The ownership of BrPhotonics will be split between the companies, with CPqD controlling a 51% share and the remaining 49% controlled by GigOptix. GigOptix will act as BrPhotonics’ global exclusive sales and marketing agent for all its products, except in Brazil, where the sales will be done directly by BrPhotonics.
Ad
Ad
Ad
Ad
Load more news
November 11 2019 4:34 pm V14.7.10-2