© blotty dreamstime.com Electronics Production | October 15, 2014
Intel's operating income soars up 30% YoY
Chip-giant Intel reported third-quarter revenues of USD 14.6 billion, operating income of USD 4.5 billion, net income of USD 3.3 billion.
The company's third-quarter revenues of USD 14.6 represents an increase of 8% YoY, and the operating income took a massive leap up with a 30% YoY increase to 4.5 billion. The company generated approximately USD 5.7 billion in cash from operations. "We are pleased by the progress the company is making," said Intel CEO Brian Krzanich. "We achieved our best-ever revenue and strong profits in the third quarter. There is more to do, but our results give us confidence that we're successfully executing to our strategy of extending our products across a broad range of exciting new markets." Q3 Key Business Unit Trends
- PC Client Group revenue of USD 9.2 billion, up 6 percent sequentially and up 9 percent year-over-year.
- Data Center Group revenue of USD 3.7 billion, up 5 percent sequentially and up 16 percent year-over-year.
- Internet of Things Group revenue of USD 530 million, down 2 percent sequentially and up 14 percent year-over-year.
- Mobile and Communications Group revenue of USD 1 million, consistent with expectations.
- Software and services operating segments revenue of USD 558 million, up 2 percent sequentially and up 2 percent year-over-year.