© Electronic Manufacturing Solutions Electronics Production | October 26, 2018
EMS .Ltd – three times bigger, four times faster
Just before the summer Berkshire based Electronic Manufacturing Solutions Ltd (EMS), packed its bags and moved into a new facility, tripling in size. Now it’s time to fit added space with new equipment
The company will receive and install its new shiny SMT line in late 2018 (mid-December to be more precise), plus enhancements for the existing line – just because you get a new toy doesn’t mean you can ignore your old. The (new) second line will consist of brand new;
- Board handling equipment to maximise automation and minimise board handling in process.
- ASM Horizon 03iX with Hawkeye 1700 paste inspection and;
- Paste Roll Height Monitor – which measures the height of the paste roll and sense when it needs replenishment.
- Automatic Paste Dispenser II – which automatically dispenses paste when detected by the sensor.
- Machine 1 – has two off 16 nozzle heads for chip shooting, with capacity of up to 120 different components.
- Machine 2 – has two off 8 nozzle heads for larger reeled components and tray components, with tray feeder for up to 20 different components and reel locations for up to 86 different components.