ProgramThe conference program run parallel with the Expo. Free to visit any of the sessions when you register for Evertiq Expo. Lunch will be served 11:00-13:00.
- 09:00 - 09:30The curve that governs the growth and death of technologyMichał Hałas - Content Director - GRUPA ODITKMy client has been designing and producing quite specific electronics for years. Recently, however, he decided not to develop this area anymore because his customers are no longer developing internal combustion engines. It is not easy to switch from one technology to another, when several decades have been better and better in this first, dying field today. In the course of the S-curve talk, you will see other examples of the development and fall of whole technologies that fit into a very non-intuitive curve that repeats itself over and over again, but is constantly causing us trouble due to its non-intuitive nature. The 'S' development curve is a decision support tool that later has the greatest strategic impact. A presentation loaded with examples will inspire you if you are competing in a market where dying products must be replaced with new ones.
- 09:35 - 10:05What’s new in Altium Designer 22Dariusz Polus - Field Application Engineer - Computer ControlsAltium company, with the introduction of Altium Designer 21, changed the way of publishing program updates. For a year now, updates and new functionalities in the program have been delivered on a regular basis, more or less at monthly intervals. The new version of the program is therefore a direct extension and continuation of the previous version of the program. Of course, along with the new version of the program, a number of new functionalities have been made available, facilitating and accelerating the work of an electronics designer. During the presentation, we will show you the new features introduced in Altium Designer 22.
- 10:10 - 10:40Setting new standards in depaneling by using the LPKF Tensor TechnologyMarek Zduńczuk - Managing Director - LPKF / SE Spezial Electronic Sp. z o.o.In times of increasingly affordable usable laser power, the constraint for a long time was a limited guidance speed of the laser beam at economic conditions. This slowed down the actually significantly higher effective cutting speed because additional cooling times had to be taken into account to avoid carbonization of the substrate. With the development and implementation of LPKF’s Tensor Technology, this limit has been overcome and new standards can be set in laser material processing. The patented functional principle distributes the pulses around the laser spot in a targeted manner and increases the speed by a multiple.
- 10:45 - 11:15Back to Basics: DC Link capacitor technology and its lifetime calculationsM. Sc. Jekaterina Stael von Holstein - Field Application Engineer - KemetDeciding which technology is best for the application can already be a difficult task, but care must be taken when calculating the lifetime. How life is calculated for capacitors depends on the operating conditions and the device type. Next to current capacitor technologies also an outlook for future trends will be given.
- 11:20 - 11:50Artificial Intelligence meets Real World - AI-based PCBA optical inspectionGrzegorz Kałucki - Artificial Intelligence Specialist - FitechKamil Jarosz - Artificial Intelligence Specialist - FitechNowadays it is hard to find someone who has not heard about the Artificial Intelligence. The term is still thrown around in various contexts as an universal remedy, meant to instantaneously and effortlessly solve complex problems in which the classical algorithms fail miserably. Sadly, this stance could not be further from the truth. As a team that has been working on AI-based automatic optical inspection for PCBA assembly for the past few years, we will reveal just a bit of the messiness and unpredictability behind it. In this talk we will present our entire journey from the first prototype to a working, scalable, robust solution. We will show the effort it takes to transform a raw neural network output into a valuable, user-friendly information and the importance of short feedback loops and incremental approach with verifiable steps.
- 11:55 - 12:25Microchip FPGA portfolio overview - low power, ultra security, fast power-upAdam Pyka - Field Application Engineer - Gamma Sp. z o.o.Presentation will cover broad Microchip's FPGA portfolio with particular focus on unique features such as: true flash-based technology, low power across the board, live at power-up, unparalleled design security. Additionally, Libero IDE tool will be presented - manages the entire design flow from design entry, synthesis and simulation to place-and-route, timing and power analysis.
- 12:30 - 13:00Swiss Knife of digital solutions – Which tool should I use?Stéphane Ratelet - Digital Solutions Manager – EMEA - Digi-Key ElectronicsWhen it comes to the beginning of the journey towards digital transformation, you may be lost finding the right way to start, the right connectivity, the best software to adopt, and understand how this will impact your organization. In this presentation, Stephane will cover the need for digitalization at first, then quickly jump to the connectivity and solutions available on the market, then try to sort out the right fit based on the most common needs.
- 13:05 - 13:35Are we really ready for i4.0?Keith Bryant - Chairman - SMTA EuropePCBA requires many pieces of equipment, materials and components, not to mention the multitude of variations. IoT is well proven in many areas, Pharmaceuticals. Fleet management and many cases less complex than building boards. So are we really ready for i4.0?
- 13:40 - 14:10Integral Laser Technology Solutions to enhance Performance of PCB Depaneling ProcessesJavier Gonzalez - Sales Manager - InnoLas Solutions GmbHLasers are becoming the most preferred PCB depaneling method as they are offering inherent advantages such as narrow kerf widths as well as virtually no dust, no mechanical stress, fast set-up changes and many degrees of flexibility. Laser technology solutions to enhance laser depaneling performance will be presented. This will cover advanced laser beam guidance technologies to improve cutting quality and throughput, integrated automation and inspection modular solutions to increase yield and connectivity options for laser systems in advanced manufacturing environments.
- 14:15 - 14:45Sensing is life. Advanced sensors from ams-Osram.Thomas Hennemann - ams-Osram Field Application Engineer - Osram / Rutronik Polska Sp. z o.o.Presentation will cover broad portfolio of high-performance and high-sensitivity digital discrete and integrated: position, imaging, optical, temperature and 3D sensors. Presented components are suitable for use in industrial, medical, robotics, automotive and consumer applications.
- 14:50 - 15:15VIA-HOLES PROTECTION - SOLDER MASK & RESIN MANAGEMENTVjeko Grishaber - General Manager - ALBA PCB Group / Q-printPCB manufacturers usually produce their products based on Gerber data. Unfortunately, various details of the PCBs are not apparent in the Gerber data and must be exchanged separately. Mostly in a text based PCB specification. Besides obvious details like thickness of the PCB, copper thickness, color of the laqcuer, the desired finsih of the vias is important for the manufacturer. This is the topic we will address in this presentation.
- 15:15 - 15:30LOTTERY!We will announce the 30 winning names among visitors who checked in. Each award is a PLN 250 voucher for the purchase of gasoline or diesel fuel at a Polish gas station.
- 15:30 - 16:00Selective Wave Soldering - everything you need to know about the Process.Karol Sowa - Company Owner / Process Specialist - Sowa Electronics, in cooperation with Pillarhouse International LtdDuring the Lecture, the complete Process of Selective Wave Soldering will be presented. We will review the available Technologies for: fluxing, preheating and soldering. We'll cover the known pros and cons of the Process as well as debunk some Myths. We will show available Solutions on the Market for prototype, small volume Production, as well as scalable, high volume. At the end, we will present some interesting, dedicated Applications.
WorkshopThe conference program run parallel with the Expo. If you wish to participate, please contact email@example.com
- 11:00 - 13:00Practical usage of 24GHz and 60GHz radarsPiotr Ludwiniak - Distribution Manager Poland - Infineon Technologies PolskaWojciech Marynowski - RDK Developer - SIIThe aim of the workshop is to present modern radar solutions and show their practical applications. Traditionally, radars are associated with a time-consuming and complicated process of designing the antenna path as well as advanced computing algorithms. Infineon met the expectations of the market and developed solutions that simplify and shorten this process. During the workshop, we will discuss theory, tools and applications. We are going to show applications like: gesture recognition, vital signs, measurements of movement, presence and angle with the use of HW development boards.
- 13:00 - 14:30Application of hardware supported AI in robotics and embedded visionMarcin Szymonek - Senior Field Application Engineer - Avnet SilicaAim of the workshop is presentation of extensive capabilities of AI applications supported by silicone solutions in embedded vision and robotics. During workshop we will discuss relevant hardware platforms and software stacks allowing quick implementation of AI based algorithms and libraries dedicated for modern applications in robotics and industrial communication.
- 14:30 - 16:00Power Solutions workshops, or how not to get lost when choosing power for IoT devicesSławomir Szczepaniec - Product Manager - JM elektronikIgor Sobczak - Field Application Engineer - JM elektronikLet's follow together the battery power technologies over the last thirty years, and let's choose the optimal cell to power LoRaWAN systems together. We will also present the differences between primary and secondary cells as well as electronic security of the cells.