Meder Electronic Group designs, manufactures and distributes a offering of magnetic reed switch, reed relay andreed sensor solutions.

Terms for the all cash acquisition were not disclosed. Meder reported sales of 46 million euros for calendar 2011 and an EBITDA margin in excess of 13%.

Approximately 40% of Meder’s sales are in Germany, with the remaining 60% roughly equally split between Asia, North America and other European countries. Approximately 85% of Standex Electronics sales are in North America.