- 09:35 - 10:05How to select and design the right embedded antennaEdoardo Genovese - Technical Development Manager RF Europe - TTI Europe
When antennas are embedded on the PCB inside the device, performance depends on several factors: GND plane size, position on the PCB, metal objects in the vicinity of the antenna, and many others.
Several embedded antennas technologies are available, and while no one will work in all cases, selecting the right antenna type and placing it correctly on the board could massively increase its radiation efficiency and therefore improve wireless range and decrease battery consumption for a better user experience.
- 10:10 - 10:40Compliance to customer drawings in terms of materials and stack up requirements.Terho Koivisto - Sales Manager Finland - Confidee AS
Terho Koivisto will dive into the world of selections and choices in regard to material alternatives and stack ups. What to remember, what to consider and how to make the best choice for your printed circuit.
- 10:45 - 11:15PFAS restrictions in the EU and USJuhana Jaatinen - Lic. Sc. (Tech.), CEO - RoHS Management Oy
Per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS) are a large class of synthetic chemicals that are widely used in consumer products, flame retardants, and electronics. The becoming PFAS restrictions in the EU and US present a challenge to manufacturers who seek to be proactive in addressing upcoming restrictions. This presentation shows how to manage PFAS using GreenSoft data management services and Windchill PLM.
Jaatinen has worked 30 years in the electronics industry. He has a very practical approach to legislation: what does it mean, why should I care, and what I should do.
- 11:20 - 11:50Protect your brand and secure your profitability through regulatory complianceJukka Vuorinen - Director - Global Accounts Electrical - Intertek
Understand the impact of working pro-actively with regulatory requirements by looking into today’s complex situation and studying a business case to quantify values.
- 11:55 - 12:25Digital Security in MCU based Embedded SystemsMikko Vulli - Competence Lead, Embedded Software - Huld - Beyond Tomorrow
In any modern system digital security is an important factor. We will take a look at some aspects of secure system design in PCB, MCU and SW level.
- 12:35 - 13:05Make your production greener and save moneyJussi Räsänen - Sales Manager - Kontram Oy
An Energy Demand Management System can help businesses reduce energy consumption, save money on energy costs, and meet environmental goals by monitoring and managing energy use. With an EMS, businesses can track energy flows, identify and correct energy losses, control energy use, set energy goals, create energy reports, and export energy data.
- 13:45 - 14:15Scholarship Award CeremonyTampere University
On the photo one of Tampere University students Jani Iivonen who will be presenting a poster of his work in their booth during the Evertiq Expo.
- 14:20 - 14:50Presentation of the winning ThesisTampere University