The conference program run parallel with the Expo. Free to visit any of the sessions when you register for Evertiq Expo.
- 09:30 - 10:00Material supply for military purposesDidrik Bech - CEO - Elmatica
- 10:05 - 10:35EMS and The Competitive Supply Chain – A Modern Software SolutionJani Leppalammi - Vice President of Sales - CalcuQuoteNow more than ever, EMS companies are facing increased pressure from their customers to meet unprecedented demands. Manufacturers are demanding lower costs, increased scope of services, faster turnaround times and improved quality. Margins are already tight in the EMS manufacturing industry, companies have to find a more efficient method for delivering improved efficiencies and productivity. The question we will be exploring is how EMS companies can use modern software technology and digital supply chains, to meet these increasing requirements and deliver effective solutions. ### Bio: Jani Leppalammi is a Finnish electronics industry veteran from several OEM and EMS companies. He has a BSc in electronics engineering, eMBA from sales and marketing, and MBA from Henley Business School. Currently, Jani is responsible for CalcuQuote global sales and marketing.
- 10:40 - 11:10The secret life of shielded boxesJan Eriksson - Detectus by Pendulum InstrumentsJan Eriksson, Detectus by Pendulum Instruments will show how electromagnetic fields can have an influence on boards inside shielded boxes and how the fields can leak out from it if you are not aware about the issue. Jan will present results from real measurements on shielded boxes.
- 11:15 - 11:45Thermal Management – the World's Most Unknown Critical IssueJussi Myllyluoma - Head of Cool Sweden Initiative - Smartare Elektroniksystem"Electronics is hotter than ever" is a phrase frequently uttered whenever the industry describes today's development and the current digital revolution's dependence on hardware. The whole digitalisation — Industry 4.0, AI, IoT, 5G, Machine Learning, robots, autonomous self-driving vehicles, blockchain technology, etc — all depends on new generations of electronics hardware that can deliver higher performance in smaller packages and with shorter latencies than ever previously developed by industry. However, this means that the phrase also has another, more literal meaning; no less true: electronics are getting hotter than ever also because the power density — the density of components that do things, and thus consume power, and therefore generate heat — is higher than ever, and growing rapidly. The thermal challenges, and the ability to solve them. thus embed a critical, indeed fateful, issue for the industry: In the race to win the contracts for the next generation of electronics, sooner or later a point comes when the winner is the one who has best managed to stave off the next Power Wall; in other words, inevitably: the one that is best able to employ the most superior theremal management technology. And yet, paradoxically, this is an issue that sees little focus or systematic approach in both industry and academia, especially here in the Nordic countries.
- 11:50 - 12:20World of radio products approvals and certificationsRisto Timisjärvi - Sales & Marketing - TESTiLABS LtdHow should I prepare my radio product to be ready for different markets? A radio product is subject to regulatory approvals in all markets. How much testing is involved and how long the process takes vary a lot. In addition there are operator approvals for cellular products and different technology based interest groups having certification schemes. In this presentation Risto Timisjärvi, Sales & Marketing director will give an overview of regulatory and other approvals for a radio products in different markets. Taking them into account at the product definition phase saves money and enables faster rollout to different markets.
- 12:40 - 13:10Why is AI moving to the Edge?Pascal Borgstijn - Sales Manager Nordics - AAEON TechnologyPatrik Bjorklund - Sales Director - Tritech SolutionsAI is increasingly moving to the edge. Why is that and which solutions are there to help you integrate AI on the Edge? What factors will determine whether a cloud or edge based system should be the choice? Pascal Borgstijn, Sales Manager Nordics at AAEON Technology and Patrik Bjorklund, Sales Director of Tritech Solutions will bring forward several real-life cases as you’ll learn what today’s solutions are capable of and in which versatile environments they can be of use.
- 13:15 - 13:45i4.0, Are we really ready?Keith Bryant - Consultant - SMTAPCBa requires many pieces of equipment, materials and components, not to mention the multitude of variations. IoT is well proven in many areas, Pharmaceuticals. Fleet management and many cases less complex than building boards. So are we really ready for i4.0?
- 13:50 - 14:20Manufacturer's responsibilities and common regulations concerning restricted substancesJuhana Jaatinen - Lic. Sc. (Tech.) CEO - RoHS Management OyAfter this seminar you will be able to tell anyone the six steps to CE marking and you will know how to maintain conformity of a product. Additionally, you will learn the essentials of the most common regulations concerning restricted substances, including EU RoHS, China RoHS, UK RoHS, REACH, SVHC, SCIP, CMR, TSCA, CA Prop 65, and Conflict minerals. The educator has worked 30 years in the electronics industry. He has a very practical approach to legislation: what does it mean, why should I care, and what I should do.
- 14:25 - 14:55Have you ever considered to outsource your production?Lauri Smeds - Sales Director - ScanfilReijo Kalenius - Development Manager - ScanfilProduction outsourcing allows you to focus on your core business: bringing innovative products to the market and selling more high-quality products with competitive price. Taking a manufacturing partner onboard already in R&D or industrialization phase, creates value to your business. Learn why. Timo Sonninen, Vice President, Sales. Timo has a broad experience within Electronics Industry. He previously worked in Efore Oyj as Vice President, Operations, in Suzhou, China 2006 - 2013. Prior to that he has worked at Incap Oyj among others as Director of Operations, Business Director of Electronics Production and Plant Director of Vuokatti Plant. Reijo Kalenius, Development Manager. Reijo has a wide background covering all phases of a product lifecycle from product development and design transfer to manufacturing and product maintenance. He has previously worked as e.g. Product Development Director, Quality Manager and Program Manager.
- 15:00 - 15:30What happened to the chip supply? – a series of unfortunate eventsDennis Dahlgren - Editor in Chief - EvertiqIn this walk down the very resent memory lane, we will take a look at several events that caused ripple effects across the supply chain and ultimately landing us where we currently are. The pandemic have indeed sent massive ripples through supply chains around the globe – but it was never the start of the semiconductor crisis, the semiconductor supply chain was on shaky legs long before COVID-19 shut down entire countries and trade. Sit down and have a listen as we talk about the effects of trade wars, shortage of production capacity, lack of raw materials, fires, droughts and of course the pandemic.
All Evertiq Expos are currently open on the confirmed dates. Evertiq is monitoring the situation closely.
Evertiq comments on scam emailsEvertiq unequivocally distances itself from any scam emails circulating. These emails are not connected to Evertiq in any way and do not reflect the ethics of this company.
Evertiq neither sells, distributes nor buys visitors and their contact details.