The conference program run parallel with the Expo. Free to visit any of the sessions when you register for Evertiq Expo.
- 10:15 - 10:45To be announced
- 11:00 - 11:30The secret life of shielded boxesJan Eriksson - Detectus by Pendulum InstrumentsJan Eriksson, Detectus by Pendulum Instruments will show how electromagnetic fields can have an influence on boards inside shielded boxes and how the fields can leak out from it if you are not aware about the issue. Jan will present results from real measurements on shielded boxes.
- 11:45 - 12:15Thermal Management – the World's Most Unknown Critical IssueJussi Myllyluoma - Head of Cool Sweden Initiative - Smartare Elektroniksystem"Electronics is hotter than ever" is a phrase frequently uttered whenever the industry describes today's development and the current digital revolution's dependence on hardware. The whole digitalisation — Industry 4.0, AI, IoT, 5G, Machine Learning, robots, autonomous self-driving vehicles, blockchain technology, etc — all depends on new generations of electronics hardware that can deliver higher performance in smaller packages and with shorter latencies than ever previously developed by industry. However, this means that the phrase also has another, more literal meaning; no less true: electronics are getting hotter than ever also because the power density — the density of components that do things, and thus consume power, and therefore generate heat — is higher than ever, and growing rapidly. The thermal challenges, and the ability to solve them. thus embed a critical, indeed fateful, issue for the industry: In the race to win the contracts for the next generation of electronics, sooner or later a point comes when the winner is the one who has best managed to stave off the next Power Wall; in other words, inevitably: the one that is best able to employ the most superior theremal management technology. And yet, paradoxically, this is an issue that sees little focus or systematic approach in both industry and academia, especially here in the Nordic countries.
- 12:30 - 13:00Implications of IIoT Technology That Impact Business SuccessMichael Ford - European Marketing Director - Aegis Software IncThe Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT), has gained significant momentum recently, heralding a variety of associated solutions and values. The majority of these unfortunately represent little more than desperate marketing from legacy providers, or unsubstantiated promises from exploitative startups, triggering significant needless investment in narrowly focused, often bespoke technologies, that ultimately represent unexpected deployment and ongoing ownership costs. In this presentation, we expose the pitfalls and opportunities in the choice of IIoT solution technology, at the device and machine level, the manufacturing execution management systems (MES) layer, and for enterprise business systems. The effect of a simple initial decision can influence the need for investment by an order of magnitude or more. It is not too late. Anyone considering or already involved in any Smart Factory, Industry 4.0 or IIoT initiative will learn from this presentation how to choose and execute the best solution, without any further waste of investment.
- 13:15 - 13:45i4.0, Are we really ready?Keith Bryant - Consultant - SMTAPCBa requires many pieces of equipment, materials and components, not to mention the multitude of variations. IoT is well proven in many areas, Pharmaceuticals. Fleet management and many cases less complex than building boards. So are we really ready for i4.0?
- 14:00 - 15:00Manufacturer's responsibilities and common regulations concerning restricted substancesJuhana Jaatinen - Lic. Sc. (Tech.) CEO - RoHS Management OyAfter this seminar you will be able to tell anyone the six steps to CE marking and you will know how to maintain conformity of a product. Additionally, you will learn the essentials of the most common regulations concerning restricted substances. Educator: Juhana Jaatinen: The educator has worked 30 years in the electronics industry. He has a very practical approach to legislation: what does it mean, why should I care, and what I should do.
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, Evertiq has postponed all Expos to new dates. Evertiq is monitoring the situation closely.