ProgramThe conference program run parallel with the Expo. Free to visit any of the sessions when you register for Evertiq Expo. Lunch will be served 11:00-13:00.
- 09:00 - 09:30Supply Chain Risk Management in Scanfil PolandAnna Toruńska - Supplier Quality Manager - Scanfil Polska Sp. z o.o.The years 2021-2022 were years of great difficulties on the electronic components market. This required electronics manufacturers such as Scanfil to change the their way of working in the supply chain. The questions mark were: - which components to focus on? - which components are critical for us? - what do we mean by that? - can we measure the risk for them? These challenges were the signal to carry out the "Risk Management in the Supply Chain" project, and its goal was to develop a tool that would present the risk for individual components using numbers, data and facts. During the presentation, we will go through the next steps of the project, where: - I will present the risks defined in the supply chain, - I will discuss their measures and the method of evaluation, - I will present an interface with which we visualize and manage risks. I would like to invite you to listen to an example of how the immeasurable became measurable...
- 09:35 - 10:05IoT Mesh. Development of the "IoT Mesh" technology and supporting tools.Maciej Kaźmierczak - Manager of the Energy Saving Comarch Subcentre - Comarch S.A.
Determination of communication methods between devices, policy definition security with consideration encryption, module design communication and toolkit supporting both simulation, analysis and monitoring of the project network.
- 10:10 - 10:40Competition law for entrepreneurs.Maria Kanak - legal advisor / owner of - Legal Counsel's Office, specialist in the field of competition protection lawIn 2009. European Commission fined Intel €1.1 billion, in 2014. Infineon Technologies AG was fined more than €82 million and in 2019 a fine of €1.49 billion was imposed on Google. In all cases, the penalties related to prohibited anti-competitive practices. What are anti-competitive practices and what are the legal risks of their use on our, national ground? Can anti-competitive practices be committed accidentally or are they always intentional? What is the legal liability for such practices and does this liability always apply only to the trader and never to his manager? And finally, is the entrepreneur liable for the intentional acts of his employee? During the presentation, we will try to answer the above questions, pointing out the issues that should be taken into account by the trader in the process of defining the trader's policy of action on the market, in order to correctly identify and limit possible legal and competitive risks.
- 10:45 - 11:15Commercialization of R&D research results at Łukasiewicz IMIF - challenges and opportunitiesPhD Eng. Piotr J. Cywiński - Head of Commercialization - Łukasiewicz - Institute of Microelectronics and Photonics
Even despite their high commercial potential, many potentially disruptive technologies are not commercialized due to various obstacles such as low economic levels, insufficient technological maturity, or a lack of dialogue between industry and academia. Therefore, the commercialization of R+D research is a difficult task that requires careful planning for its efficient implementation. In this approach, this contribution sums up the opportunities for industry, in particular small and medium-sized enterprises, to carry out research and development works to commercialize semiconductor technologies devoted to integrated circuits, gallium nitride and silicon carbide-based systems or quantum cascade lasers.
- 11:20 - 11:50Automation of the soldering process of THT through-hole components for micro, small and medium-sized companiesKarol Sowa - Company Owner / Process Specialist - Sowa Electronics, in cooperation with Pillarhouse International LtdRising costs of energy, employment, materials and components have a negative impact on the profitability of Polish Electronics Companies and OEMs. During the lecture, we will try to answer the following questions: how much does the purchase and implementation of a selective soldering machine cost and after what time such an investment would pay off.
- 11:55 - 12:25Development of space engineering in AGH Space Systems projectsJan Brzyk - AGH Space Systems - AGH University of Science and TechnologyMariusz Gibiec - AGH Department of Mechanical Engineering and Robotics - AGH University of Science and TechnologyAGH Space Systems is an interdisciplinary group of engineers carrying out space engineering projects. We will present issues related to the development of hybrid and liquid-fuel rocket systems, fuel fabrication methods, research payload launching capabilities, experimentation and rocket recovery. The second project is the use of a modular Mars rover to conduct analogue planetary missions. We will show the realisation of scientific missions, terrain reconnaissance and autonomous navigation, as well as work support and assistance for the astronaut. We will also discuss experiments carried out in the stratosphere using balloons and research payload nacelles.
- 12:35 - 13:05Practical Application of AI Algorithms in BusinessDr. Piotr Wiśniewski, - CEO - DBR 77 Robotics sp. z o.o.Rapid technological progress is forcing businesses to make changes not only in the field of digitalization, but also in the way they view methods and tools used in conducting business activities. It's time to take a closer look at traditional schemes in a new light! In this presentation, Dr. Piotr Wiśniewski, CEO of Platforma DBR77, will discuss: ✔️ how to execute a process 50% faster, 20% more efficiently, and 30% cheaper, as well as make optimal real-time decisions, ✔️ new technologies used in business, ✔️ benefits of implementing supporting algorithms, ✔️ and Lean 4.0 methodology.
- 13:10 - 13:40How to increase PCB depaneling efficiency with Laser TechnologyThorne Lietz - Senior Sales Manager - InnoLas Solutions GmbH
Laser depaneling is becoming more widely used since the demand for excellent cutting quality and increasing cost pressure require one to reevaluate the use of traditional production methods. For example, laser depaneling provides the highest technical cleanliness that improves the durability of electronics, increase yield and reduces manufacturing costs. Furthermore, laser technology provides a new path to increase panel efficiency and therefore reduce material waste and costs.
- 13:45 - 14:15An overview of selected types of printed circuit boards and technology for manufacturing thereofAdam Lipiec - Production preparation technologist - Senior specialist - Łukasiewicz Research Network - Tele and Radio Research InstituteJan Oklej - Production preparation technologist - Chief specialist - Łukasiewicz Research Network - Tele and Radio Research InstituteThe presentation will discuss the PCB construction types and technologies used to produce them. The issues presented will explain the relationship between technology with a specific type of printed circuit board construction and common production problems. Key indicators affecting the price of the finished product will be discussed.
- 14:20 - 14:50SPECIAL GUEST - Grupa WB ready for 2030.Remigiusz Wilk - Communications Director - Grupa WB
Characteristics of the largest Polish private group of defense industry companies, lessons learned from the Ukrainian conflict, solutions for the future.
- 14:55 - 15:25SPECIAL GUEST - Becoming a supplier for the U.S. Department of Defense and NATORon Farkas - President - Poland - US OperationsMeeting increased military equipment production requirements demands a robust industrial base with an understanding of basic rules and regulations associated with U.S. Department of Defense and NATO contracting processes. This lecture will cover some of the basics such as Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC), and NATO Standardization Agreements (STANAGs).
- 15:30 - 16:00The global chip race – Chip Act against Chip ActDennis Dahlgren - Editor In Chief - Evertiq
In the wake of the global semiconductor shortage, the US and the EU are both planning to invest significant sums of public funds to increase domestic semiconductor manufacture, otherwise known as the Chips Acts. But how do these semiconductor promotional acts compare against each other?
Evertiq will present an overview of the US CHIPS and Science Act and the European Chips Act. Looking at the reason for their existence, comparing strategies and funding, while also paying attention to the effects of the already implemented US Act.
WorkshopThe conference program run parallel with the Expo. If you wish to participate, please contact email@example.com
- 09:00 - 10:30Is digital transformation profitable? Operational and financial analysisMarcin Żurawik - DB77 Consulting - DBR 77 Robotics sp. z o.o.We invite you to workshops that focus on a practical approach to assessing the financial and operational benefits of investing in robotization. Nowadays, when the market is changing at a fast pace and competitive pressure is increasing, automating production processes with robots is the best solution. Investing in robotization can bring many benefits, such as increasing production efficiency and quality, reducing costs and increasing flexibility in the production process. Before deciding to invest in robotization, it is worth carefully analyzing what financial and operational benefits can be derived from it. For this purpose, it is worth getting to know the investment and financial tools that will allow you to accurately assess the profitability of such an investment.
- 10:30 - 12:00MCU overview and roadmap with example of Machine Learning usecaseDavid Hoskins - Senior Principal FAE - Infineon Technologies
- Overview of microcontrollers based on the Cortex-M0,M0+,M4F,M7 in PSoC/XMC.
- PSoC Touch solutions with programmable analogue and digital blocks.
- Tools Ecosystem - ModusToolbox as a tool to support the design development process including Machine Learning and selection of microcontrollers.
- Demonstration of Machine Learning using ModusToolbox and development kits.
- 13:00 - 14:30Selective soldering through the eyes of a practitionerKarol Sowa - Company Owner / Process Specialist - Sowa Electronics, in cooperation with Pillarhouse International LtdDuring the workshop, we will present good practices related to DFM (Design for Manufacturing), we will also discuss soldering parameters and how to adjust them. We will present the most common solder joint defects in selective soldering and how to prevent them. Finally, we will show some more difficult cases.
- 14:30 - 16:00Gamma/Microchip - Turnkey Capacitive Touch Controllers and Microcontrollers with On-Chip Touch PeripheralsKrzysztof Kozioł - FAE - MicrochipAdam Pyka - FAE - Gamma Sp. z o.o.
Debugging with the MPLAB® X Data Visualizer
- Introduction to Microchip Touch technology:
- Hands-on training:
- Hardware and Software overview
- Configuration of the IDE MPLAB® X environment and the MPLAB® MCC Melody configurator
- Adding the functionality of touch buttons and slider
- Compilation and programming
- Debugowanie z wykorzystaniem MPLAB® X Data Visualizer
- Checking the functionality and performing simple environmental tests (resistance to interference and water)
- Hardware and Software overview
- Participants are required to have the MPLAB® X v6.05 environment installed on their laptop (with the MPLAB® Code Configurator and MPLAB® Data Visualizer plugins installed) and the XC8 v.2.40 compiler.