Ad
Ad
Ad
Ad
26
November
2009

Qimonda Portugal with a new name

The insolvent chip manufacturer Qimonda Portugal is looking for another name and fresh money for a new start.
There is hope again for Qimonda Portugal. Positive signs have emerged at a new creditors’ meeting, reported local media. A total of three partners have agreed on a new strategy: the state Portugal will hold a 18% share in the new company, BCP and BES will share the remaining 82% (each holding 41%).

Qimonda Portugal is also looking for a new name – the favourite currently being Nanium. Around 770 former Qimonda employees are said to be able to return to work over the next 18 months.
Read comments for this article

Comments

Please note the following: Critical comments are allowed and even encouraged. Discussions are welcome. Verbal abuse, insults and racist / homophobic remarks are not. Such comments will be removed.
Further details can be found here.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Load more news