The new Scanfil plc was established in the demerger of Sievi Capital plc on 1 January 2012 and Scanfil EMS Oy, engaged in contract manufacturing, transferred to Scanfil plc.
Scanfil plc said it has raised its estimate of the development of its operating profit and now expects the operating profit to fall slightly short of the level of Scanfil EMS Oy for 2011.
Turnover for the first two quarters totalled EUR 91.9 million, of which professional electronics customers accounted for 72% (76% in the first quarter) and telecommunications customers for 28% (24% in the first quarter).
Harri Takanen, CEO of Scanfil plc:
”As the result of the cost management measures carried out early in the year, we adjusted to the decrease sales, and our operating profit level was considerably better during the second quarter than the first quarter. In spite of the decreased turnover, Scanfil's financial position is good. The commitment of our personnel developing the company’s operations has been a crucial factor in order to reach these results".
January – June
- Turnover totalled to EUR 91.9 million
- Operating profit EUR 4.6 million, 5.0% of turnover
- Operating profit excluding non-recurring items EUR 4.1 million, representing 4.5% of turnover
- Profit for the review period was EUR 3.7 million
- Earnings per share were EUR 0.06
April – June
- Turnover totalled EUR 49.3 million
- Operating profit EUR 3.2 million, 6.4% of turnover
- Profit was EUR 2.6 million
- Earnings per share amounted EUR 0.04